Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. - Helen Keller

Monday, December 31, 2007

The New Year...

Is upon us, once again and it's the time of year that people are making resolutions...

I too have thought about changes I would like to bring about in my life, number one being to get myself into school this year if it kills us all! Of course I'm not going to kill anyone, but this is very important to me and I think it will greatly change (for the better) some of the opinions I have of myself. Speaking of changing opinions, that's another thing I am going to do this year, work on how I see myself, because I know that no matter what anyone else thinks (and I do respect many of your opinions), weather good or bad, it will never mean as much to me and I will never gain anything from those opinions if I don't see myself from a healthy perspective. Enough said, those are my resolutions for 2008!

January 1st, 2008 is a very special day to me, it marks the eleventh year that Jay and I have been married. Some times it only seems like yesterday that we stood in a church and said our vows, others, it would seem another lifetime, funny, how time works. I feel like the most incredibly blessed woman in the world and at times find myself lacking the words to explain how he still makes me feel, though, cherished, loved and safe pop into mind instantly when I think of him. All I really know is that He makes me want to be a better person, for myself, for him, for our children...and that can never be a bad thing! Thank you Jay for coming into my life...I love You!

I know, I know, this all sounds very emotionally mushy and stuff, but as much as I hate to admit it, I am a woman and prone to emotional outbreaks from time to time, so get over it! lol!

I hope that You all ring in a safe and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Jay said...

Happy anniversary and Happy New Years!

What kind of classes do you want to take?

Scarlett said...

Thank You!

I'm going to get my Associates Degree in Graphic Design to start, then I'm not sure where I will go from there, but the ride will be incredible I'm sure!

Happy New Year!

Content Warning:

PARENTS: BE WARNED: This blog is run by an ADULT and I CANNOT guarantee that every post will be suitable for children under the age of 18.

My Player