Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. - Helen Keller

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The holiday musings of a mad woman...



I have decided that I am the grinch, all this talk of lovely memories; happy holidays, Christmas long past and such make my toes curl...

It's not the holiday itself per se, I guess, but the stress of buying, shopping, buying, searching and did I mention buying? I'm such a guy when it comes to shopping; I hate it!

I am excited to see the reaction on my children's faces this year though, we are getting them each their own game system (probably a PS2 each, for the older two and perhaps a V Smile for our 4 year old) and I know they are going to freak, but in a good way. This will be their first game system and I think they'll love them!

I am also so ecstatic about what’s going on with our house! We are renovating…if I had a camera I would be taking pictures of all this to show you guys, but alas I do not, perhaps J will get me one for Christmas ; ) That would be mega cool!

Anyway, about the house…we are turning the carport into a family room and Theater room, the ultimate man room, I’m going to get pictures of it somehow for you guys when he finishes it. With what he has in mind I’m sure that this house will be the hang out place for all the kids of the neighborhood…just lovely…lol! We are also ripping up all the carpet and putting in wood and tile floors throughout the house, can’t wait for that to be complete, no more pesky carpet stains!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

Jay said...

The holidays can be very stressful for people. Lots to keep track of and lots of little things to do.

I would love to see the pics of home renovations. I love home improvement shows on TV. LOL

MrRyanO said...

I'm going to start broadcasting my shows form your house! It sounds like it is going to be awesome!~

Scarlett said...

Jay, I'm definitely a holiday head case...lol

I'm going to get those pictures if I have to drag the whole PC out there to get it with the web-cam...lol! Wait, my PC will be out there when all of this is done, perhaps I'll do a DIBS then!

Rock Dog, you're always welcome to stop by and do your show here! Though I don't think my kids would be half as cute in the background of Rock Dog Unleashed Season Douche (I just love saying that) as yours is. : )

Content Warning:

PARENTS: BE WARNED: This blog is run by an ADULT and I CANNOT guarantee that every post will be suitable for children under the age of 18.

My Player