Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. - Helen Keller

Friday, August 04, 2006

Re-Direct



I called the Head Start yesterday only to find out there were not enough openings for T to go there. They are required as a state run facility to take children who are 4 years old first, then they will accept 3 year olds according to their needs. No one could tell me or even give me a ball park guesstimate of when they will be able to take him, so...it's time for a re-direct.

Since I really don't care what kind of job I find until I can get my EMT license, I'm going to try and get a job at a day care. This way I'll have work and T can get used to being around a bunch of other kids before he goes into kindergarten without it costing us an arm and leg. It will also alleviate some of the stress of leaving my little boy in an environment that is new or perhaps scary for him. I admit I'm a little bit hesitant at the idea of being around little people all day long, but the cash will be a good thing and so, I'll do what I must. It can't be all that bad...can it?

1 comment:

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

This may seem hard to believe but I worked at a day care when I was 17 years old for quite some time and I absolutely loved it. Now mind you that I was just a larger version of them it made it a lot easier to have fun, but hry, I'll always be a big kid.....

I think it's a great oppurtunity and will be a wonderful learning experience, have fun Red and enjoy yourself at all cost.

Content Warning:

PARENTS: BE WARNED: This blog is run by an ADULT and I CANNOT guarantee that every post will be suitable for children under the age of 18.

My Player