Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. - Helen Keller

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Poetry



I was going through some old files today and came across some of my poems. Here are a couple of my favorites...

The Far Side of the Rainbow

Come along on a magical ride into a galaxy Where people glide through mystical skies and Swim through rainbow seas.

The trees grow near a wishing well Deeper than you’d ever believe Ocean waves on pearly shells and Roses grow on trees.

Buttercups of butter cream Found in rows and rows A fairy princess in each one To help it as it grows.

Clouds of cotton candy float on purple skies As little men with pipes so thin Sit talking with their wives.

All day long kids run and play In fields of lollipops and When it rains the children say It tastes like chocolate drops

Caramel apples grow on trees and Tiny bees with tambourines Make music in the sky Boats set sail, made from shell As mermaids swim near by

Even here on this other world Much is still a like As each and every heart beat slows To the rhythm of the night

The evening gives way to the end of day As shadows grow dark and shady A star burns out and is reborn Before the Lunar Lady

Powerful Goddess though she be The sky is ruled by light The silver sun may guild the day but A pink moon rules the night

Matters of the Heart

Alone I walk this path of mine so weary yet no rest in sight. The darkness silent as the grave I seek the ending of this night. Will I be bound to this depth of hell never to see my love again? To suffer through the end of time without my lover once my friend. Hate has closed his heart to me has taken his hand away from mine. I would give my soul right now to have his love just one more time. Alas I had to say good bye to all I held tenderly in my heart. I have not the courage nor will nor strength to give it another start.

4 comments:

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

The far side of the rainbow is one of the most beautiful pieces of poetry I think I have ever read scarlett and I personally believe that it should be in a book with many others that I'm sure you are capable of writing....have you ever considered, well, you really should....

As for matters of the heart I can relate, well, at one point I could, that was then and this is now and now I have found love and boy is it sweet.

I really appreciate good writing and would love to see more, later Red....

Blu~

Scarlett said...

Thank you Blu,
I have thought about publishing, but then the fear of failing hits hard and I limp away once more defeated on that front, but perhaps...someday. Who knows.

I wrote "Matters of the Heart" in a very bad time in my life, I like to look back and remind myself how blessed I am that I really didn't loose that love, only walked away for a brief time and that He was standing there with arms open wide for me when I returned.

Later Blu,
Red

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Thats good hear and not only for your presence happiness but also fior your ability to use that experience and share it with others and to publish could be a great way of dooing and spreading that seed.....You just remember that you should do it for yourself and your own growth before ever considering the profit that could be goined....I'm no perfect man by any means but what I see is only the beauty in the world and I have never been afraid to let it be known so go out there and take whatever is yours just don't forget to share with others and your world will never go without, believe that my friend of warmer color....

Blu~

Anonymous said...

"You should remember that though another may have more money ,beauty,and brains than you,when it comes to rarer spritual values such as charity,self-sacriice,honor,and nobility of heart,you have an equal chance with everyone to be the most beloved and honored of all people"...A. Rutlegde.......lil imp

Content Warning:

PARENTS: BE WARNED: This blog is run by an ADULT and I CANNOT guarantee that every post will be suitable for children under the age of 18.

My Player