Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. - Helen Keller

Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Waiting Game...



I would like to send out a thanks to Blu for all of his help with this new template. I like it much better and will hopefully have time soon to add a few more links.

My week has been fruitful yet stressful. I took a test Thursday and will have to wait 2 to 3 weeks to find out the score...if I passed or failed. I'm not a really patient person and this waiting game is driving me nuts. Are you asking yourself...What kind of test did she take? Well, let me tell you. (I'm not sure if I should be proud that I'm finally taking this step in my life or ashamed that it's taken this long) I went Thursday to get my GED (General Education Diploma). I feel pretty good about everything except the math, there were so many things that might as well have been Greek, but then I felt the same way on the pre-GED test and aced it, won the scholarship even, but still I worry that I haven't passed.

A big part of me was proud of myself for winning that scholarship...a bigger part was blown away that I did it. I find it hard to believe that I held the highest score among those taking the pre-test (around 20 people). To pass you must score a 430 on each subject and an average of 480. My lowest score was a 510 in math, the average for all of it was 678. I'm really surprised at this score, but J says that He knew I would pass it and wonders why I waited so long to even chance it. I chock it up to fear of failing and being a very self-conscious person, perhaps I should listen to J more often as He has been telling me for a long time that this would help my self-esteem and confidence...I think He is right, at least I hope He is. I'll find out in about 2 weeks...

2 comments:

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

First of all, thank you for the thank you. I wasn't much and I would of course do it again for red anytime.

As far as the BIG TEST, I am sure you well because I know for a fact that the pretest is much more difficult than the actuall.

Don't fret or worry because at this point it is out of your hands. Just know that it is over and you made it. See, that feels better doesn't it? I thought so...

Now pat yourself on the back or eat some chocolate or do whatever you normally do for a self reward and do it well, right now....yes, right now, later red....

Anonymous said...

wife,mother of three and still working to better yourself and perhaps eventually realize the dreams you have for your family,at no point should doubt or shame enter into the equation,,,,pride,perserverance and commitment overshadow all else and you are the prime example of ..."I can,I will"....don't ever change.......lil imp

Content Warning:

PARENTS: BE WARNED: This blog is run by an ADULT and I CANNOT guarantee that every post will be suitable for children under the age of 18.

My Player