Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. - Helen Keller

Monday, October 22, 2007

Singing in the RAIN...well, maybe not, but...





I'm sitting here at my desk with my window open enjoying something that I haven't seen in a while. Rain! It started raining yesterday and hasn't stopped, it's absolutely wonderful and I just can't seem to get enough. It has finally come back to my favorite season of the year, I love Fall with it's vibrant colours and crisp scents that carry in the cool clean air. I like the way the wind will carry a sound so far through the ever thinning trees, but mostly I like the rain. The cleansing wash of rain that carries all the gunk and grime of summer away. No more dust that clings to everything, turning the grass a dull green until it chokes and dies, dry and withered. Until Autumn (I love that word) when the rain falls again and bright flaming red, purple and yellow/orange hues fill every yard, in the sky and on the ground.

I know this will sound odd, but I think that somehow the crisp air makes the colours seem that much brighter, perhaps the cold air and rain somehow purify the air as it falls and gets rid of the hot, humid haze that we've lived in for for the last two and a half months. Anyway, however it works, I'm always so thankful when October rolls around. We have finally had a break in the terrible drought and I can feel how sated all of nature is, it makes me feel at peace. The sound coming through my open window is so soothing, I always sleep well when it's raining or storming the rhythm lulls me. Hmm... Speaking of sleep, have a good night all!

1 comment:

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Fall, or Autumn, or, whatever they call it these days is just about my FAV time of year as well....

As far as rain we have had enough lately and could use a break....

I always say that anything in excess is too much, wait, that was very repetitive wasn't it...??? Oh well....

Good to check in wit ya Red...

Later...

Content Warning:

PARENTS: BE WARNED: This blog is run by an ADULT and I CANNOT guarantee that every post will be suitable for children under the age of 18.

My Player